Here’s a Threptin Pudding recipe shared by one of our enthusiastic participants!
- 6 eggs
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 8 threptin diskettes
- 750 ml toned milk
- Sugar (for pudding) 90 gms or 18 tbsps
- Sugar (for caramel) 9 tbsp
- Put sugar for the caramel in an uncoated thick bottomed pan. Turn on the gas to low heat.
- Stir constantly to prevent the sugar from burning. Once the sugar turns light brown, turn off the gas and add 3 tablespoons of water and stir.
- Pour it into the butter coated metal bowl in which the pudding will be made and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir the pudding mixture and pour it into the bowl containing the caramel.
- Put a lid on the bowl and place the bowl in a pressure cooker containing sufficient but not excessive water. Pressurise the cooker. Allow for ten whistles and switch off the gas.
- After the pressure is normal, remove the bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Put in the refrigerator with the lid. After it has cooled turn it upside down and tap the bowl lightly.
- Your delicious pudding with a caramel topping is ready!